Wednesday 25 December 2013

Summary of the Year 2013

It has been a good year for me and great first year for my blog. As I now hit the Publish button, I have produced 42 blog posts, and the blog has received more than 12,000 total pageviews. I believe it is worth mentioning that the five most viewed posts were (1) Starting a Megadungeon Campaign, (2) Alternate Rule for Paralysis, (3) Rappan Atuk - Classes, (4) Vikings & Valkyries, Session 1, and (5) Rappan Athuk - Session Zero.

For fun, I did some text analyses. Based on my blog posts, Typealizer, for instance, proposed that I am of the ISTP type. Another analysis by urlai.com resulted in the following: "ynasmidgard.blogspot.com is probably written by a male somewhere between 66-100 years old. The writing style is academic and happy most of the time."; I may not be that old, but it was flattering to read that my blog "is the 326th most manly blog of 17,730 ranked".

What follows is a list of games I played or ran this year, other game-related things I did, some things I wanted to do but did not, and, finally, my game-related plans for the next year.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, everyone!

This year I played the following games:
  • 8+ sessions in Narmor's Dungeon World campaign (whose grand finale has unfortunately been delayed multiple times because of me)
  • a single session of Mouse Guard (it was my first time seeing the system in play; we did not see enough of it, I suppose, but I got hooked nonetheless)
  • one session in -C's Numenhalla campaign (Google+)
  • one session in -C's Perdition campaign (Google +) (and one forthcoming on the 28th)
  • two sessions of Kazamaták és Kompániák playtesting Alister's Elméleti Könyvtárak (E. Theoretic Libraries) and Narmor's Phantasztosz Labirintusa (E. Labyrinth of Phantastos)
  • one session of Helvéczia playtesting Narmor's forthcoming Gasthaus Brunwald
  • a couple games of Munchkin and Bang!, and a single game of Red November
And I ran the following ones:
  • 5 sessions of Vikings & Valkyries
  • 5 sessions of house rules OD&D set in the Land of NOD (although I cheat here, because a few of these sessions happened before January, 2013)
  • a single session of Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG
  • 2 sessions of Torchbearer with two different groups (both times playing Under the House of the Three Squires, the adventure included in the core book)
  • 2 sessions of Monsterhearts (unfortunately, the game has not yet reached its melodramatic conclusion; I wonder if, after so much time, we could still finish it - and that it would be just as much fun)
  • 3 sessions of the Rappan Athuk campaign (Google+)
Other things I did:
  • started this very blog and exceeded my - realistic - estimations (3 posts per month)
  • contributed a bit to the Petty Gods project, to the first issue of Underworld Lore, and to the BFRPG module series Saga of the Giants
  • co-wrote two issues of the free Hungarian e-zine, Kazamata
  • wrote a small Delving Deeper module, Horrors of the Screaming Forest, for an adventure writing competition
  • helped proofing Gavin Norman's forthcoming The Complete Vivimancer
  • helped proofing and converting a Hungarian edition of Rob Conley's Blackmarsh (H. Feketeláp)
  • started working on a small supplement based on Blackmarsh, tentatively titled Black Metal Marsh
And now the things I did not do:
  • I still have not played Don't Rest Your Head
  • I have not finished doing the next index for NOD
  • I have not even begun working on Süvöltő Gépezetek Csarnokai (E. Halls of the Wuthering Machines), the third level of a megadungeon that appears serialised in Kazamata
  • I still have not received neither my Dwimmermount PDF, nor my printed copies of the Appendix N Adventures
My plans for 2014 include the following:
  • keep up the amount of time spent playing (I am not sure if I can increase it; we shall see)
  • concentrate on my already going Rappan Athuk (Google+) and Vikings & Valkyries (face-to-face) campaign
  • write Süvöltő Gépezetek Csarnokai and at least one more module, either for Kazamaták és Kompániák or Helvéczia
  • finish working on Black Metal Marsh
  • write more reviews about games and adventure modules
  • post at least once a week or a yearly total of 50
  • work with ZeroDivide on a super secret gaming project

2 comments:

  1. Köszönöm szépen, for stopping by my blog. I use Hungarian words for the foods that my Mamam taught me, along with her methods. Do you do much cooking or baking?

    I am new to your blog, but do not see the follower's gadget. Congrats on sticking with blogging. It is great fun.

    Jó éjszakát. Aludj jól.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mostly cooking; I am very much into spicy foods.

    It was there but since then it seems to be linked to Google+, which I do not want (although I am not sure why I am so stubborn about it). Anyways, I added other options to follow me, just in case.

    ReplyDelete