My goal was to keep the rules simple while providing choice and strengthening class archetypes at the same time. I certainly like them better this way.
To-hit modifier = +1 per odd level + (INT or CHA modifier)
Social AC for monsters = 12 - morale - 1 per even HD
Social AC for players = 6 - 1 per odd level - (WIS or CHA modifier)
Social Damage = 1d8 + CHA modifier
Every player character may choose one of the four social attack types (Anger, Fear, Confusion, and Charm) as favoured, granting a +2 to-hit bonus (monsters usually do not get this bonus, but ultimately it is up to the Referee to judge). Furthermore, the following special rules apply:
- Using an appropriate spell grants +SpellLevel to-hit bonus and deals double damage.
- Assassins deal double Fear damage.
- Bards consider each social attack type favoured, and deal +1 damage per odd level.
- Berserkers are immune to social attacks while raging. (cf. Unbreakable Willpower).
- Druids and Scouts deal double damage against animals.
- Monks have a point of social damage reduction per level.
- Rangers deal double damage against otherworldly creatures.
- Thieves consider each social attack type favoured.
- Witches deal double Charm damage.